Walnut Hill Youth (WHY) Ministries
WHY Ministries exists to ignite a passion for Jesus Christ in students. We are dedicated to providing a place for students to connect with God, other students and leaders who serve faithfully to see students grow closer to Christ.
We would love to get to know your family. Please take a moment to tell us about your student so that we can help them connect quickly to other students at Walnut Hill.
Stay connected with WHY Ministries on the WHY Parents page. We’ll do our best to keep you informed about everything that’s happening with your students as well as provide links to important forms.
It’s time to sign up for Summer Trips! Click here for all the details.
Please visit the Youth Ministry events page for upcoming events!
Explore Your Campus
Walnut Hill Youth Ministries have the same heart but a slightly different shape at each campus. Please take a moment to read about the ministry at your local campus below. You can also check out upcoming Youth Events here. Most importantly, please contact the ministry leader at your campus to help get your teenager connected quickly to new friends.
Students at the Bethel Campus meet in age-appropriate groups on Sunday mornings and during the week.
- Sunday @ 9: Every Sunday at 9 a.m., students (Grades 7-12) gather upstairs for a large group message and small group time. Our small groups are divided by age and gender.
- Sunday @ 11: Every Sunday at 11 a.m., students (Grades 7-12) gather upstairs for discussion-based classes.
*1st & 3rd Sundays: WHY Alpha Classes – The Alpha Youth Film series is 12 video sessions designed to engage students in conversation about faith, life and Jesus.
*2nd Sundays: Church in Action – Students will share updates from Church in Action family members and provide tangible ways to join the mission of Church in Action.
- Family Sunday: The last Sunday of each month is our Family Sunday. Students join the service in the Worship Center to worship with our church family as a whole.
- WHY Group: During the school year on Tuesdays at 7 p.m., students (Grades 7-12) gather together to experience high energy worship, have fun together and connect with God. WHY groups are a place where Walnut Hill students and their friends can belong and a place where they can explore who Jesus is in a safe community. Please see the detailed schedule here.
*High School Students (Grades 9-12) meet in the Upper Room.
*Middle School Students (Grades 7-8) meet in the Square.
- Special Needs: Do you have a student with special needs? Learn about our Special Needs Ministry.
Students participate in the main worship gathering with their parents on Sunday mornings at the Derby Campus. Biweekly students grades 6 – 12 are dismissed at the time of the sermon for WHY Sunday, where they spend time in prayer, review their notes and discuss the previous week’s sermon as they learn to study God’s word.
Students grades 6 – 12 meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for WHY Group, a time of fun, food and faith which includes prayer and topical discussion based on God’s word, in the youth room.
Students (Grades 7-12) at the New Milford Campus meet Sundays at 9 a.m. in their own space for a time of study and fun. Students gather for WHY Group at the church every Wednesday during the school year to grow deeper in their relationships with each other and with God.
Students gather together every other Sunday for study and fun times together. On Sundays that they don’t have group time, students participate in the main worship gathering with their parents. Please contact email@example.com for specific dates.
Students (Grades 7-12) at the Waterbury Campus meet Sundays in their own space for a time of study and fun during the 9 a.m. service. Students gather for WHY Group at the church every Wednesday during the school year to grow deeper in their relationships with each other and with God.
Interested in serving with Youth? We are always looking for new leaders to add to our team who are passionate about seeing our Youth grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus. After speaking with one of our Youth pastors, all volunteers are required to complete and pass a background check. Fill out the form here.
Questions? We are here to help! Please let us know if you or your student have questions about how to get involved. Call the church office at 203-796-7373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.