Surrender to Jesus
“… anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
What Does It Mean to “Surrender to Jesus?”
You were created for a relationship with God. Like all of us, you have sinned and lived life your way. Because of God’s love, you can be reconciled to your Father in Heaven both now and for all eternity. This comes by surrendering your life to Jesus. Learn more …
Not Sure, But Want to Explore?
We can help. There are three great places to start:
- Join Alpha: Alpha is for anyone who’s curious about the basics of the Christian faith. Over 10 weeks in this friendly, honest and informal environment, we will talk through questions such as: Who is Jesus? Why did He have to die? Does God heal today? Please email Pastor Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about the next session.
- Explore the Journey Card: This is an helpful tool that will help you take some practical steps for continuing to explore your faith. You can download the card here or find it at your campus this weekend.
- Ask Questions: You are never alone in your journey. Please email Pastor Vicky at email@example.com or talk with your Campus Pastor anytime with any questions you have.
I Want to Surrender
Surrendering to Jesus is a matter of the heart. You can think of it as a three-step process:
- Acknowledge that Jesus is Lord and choose to live life His way.
- Admit your sin and receive the forgiveness offered through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- Ask God the Holy Spirit to come and live in you.
If you feel like you are ready to take this step, you can learn more here…
Have you Recently Surrendered to Jesus?
Are you new to a relationship with Jesus? We want to encourage you on your journey! Here are three practical things you can do:
- Let us know: Share your decision to surrender to Jesus, and a pastor will be in touch to encourage you on your journey.
- Pick up a “For Your Journey” bag: Ask a Prayer Servant this Sunday or email Pastor Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org to request one. This helpful bag has a New Testament, a 40-day Bible reading guide and a letter to help you get started.
- Take the next step: What is the next step? Read more …
No matter where you are in life, there’s always a next step. What’s yours? If you’re not sure, please call the church office at 203-796-7373 or email Pastor Vicky. We would love to hear your story and help you move forward.