Reaching out to Sandy Hook Community
Walnut Hill Community Church is mobilizing to help our heartbroken community.
We've set up a fund for Sandy Hook. The money will be used for both immediate and long-term counseling services, as well as longer-tern care that will best help our community get back on its feet. A governing board is already in place to help administer the funds collected.
Those who wish to contribute can send checks made out to Walnut Hill, with "Sandy Hook" in the memo. Mail to 156 Walnut Hill Road, Bethel CT 06801.
To use the link here to donate: when you get to the donation page, you'll find a drop-down menu near the bottom, under "Payment Information" ...be sure to click on the fund labeled "Sandy Hook."
Other items of note:
- A response from Senior Pastor Clive Calver, published in Charisma
- Reflections from Pastor Ruth Calver
- A Response via Art by Bryn Gillette
- How to Pray for Sandy Hook
- Now What? Resources for coping with the tragedy
- A Message of Healing from Teaching Pastor Brian Mowrey
- BBC Interview with Pastor Ruth Calver
- A note to parents of teens, from Youth Pastor Ryan Ventura
Counselors are available to both our church family and those in the greater Danbury community. Contact the Care Team at the church, 203.796.7373 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up an appointment.