A Note From Pastor Craig
At Walnut Hill, we want kids to know that God loves them. We want them to know they have value and worth. We want them to grow as they discover their plan and purpose in this life in a safe, fun and age-appropriate environment.
Your child was created uniquely by the Creator of the universe to be part of His big story. Our role is to walk alongside them as they discover His love for them and support them as they grow deeper in their faith.
The 4 Things Your Child Will Learn at Walnut Hill:
1. God loves them. We teach that truth through His Word.
2. They have value and worth. We show them that in how we interact with and speak truth into them.
3. They have a plan and purpose. We show them that by calling out their giftings, both natural and supernatural.
4. We like to have fun. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Simple Mantra: We are World Changers for Christ
When Kids Ask Questions: Why?
1. Environment – This is a holy place.
2. Interaction – We chose to honor everyone.
3. Management – We speak truth in love.
4. Content – He loves me all the time.
5. Worship – I am designed for worship.
Common Theme: Nothing is impossible for God (Luke 1:37)
Core Values: Be kind and love others (unkindness is unacceptable)
Common Language for Teachers with the Kids (Expectations): Honor
H – Help each other.
O – Obey the teacher.
N – Never talk while someone is talking.
O – Our words matter.
R – Respect this time.
Parents, as the primary educator of your child’s faith, we pray you allow us to join you as we seek to let your child make this faith their own.
If you ever have any questions or would like to talk, please don’t hesitate to call me at the church office 203-796-7373 or email me at email@example.com.
Go back to the Children’s Ministry page.