Walnut Hill Kids
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6 (ESV)
We desire to teach children that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. In Jesus, we believe children can live life to the fullest by experiencing His presence, power and blessing as they walk with Him. As the primary educator of your child’s faith, we pray you will allow us to join you on the journey as your child grows deeper in Christ.
Click on the buttons below to begin exploring!
Please visit the Children’s Ministry events page for upcoming events!
A Note From Pastor Craig
Pastor Craig Horne serves as the Family Pastor and oversees the Children’s Ministry at Walnut Hill. Please take a moment to read a brief note from Pastor Craig here.
Explore Your Campus
Children’s Ministry has the same heart but a slightly different shape at each campus. Please take a moment to read about the ministry at your local campus below. Most importantly, please contact the ministry leader at your campus to help your child quickly connect to new friends.
- Weekend Services:* Children to Grade 6 are invited to join us at the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday services. After checking in and heading to their classrooms, children in Preschool-Grade 6 come together for a child-friendly worship time in our elementary and preschool venues. Children hear lessons and participate in fun activities just for their age group.
A Family Service is held the last Sunday of the month where families of children Grades 1-6 enjoy worship together in the main Worship Center before being dismissed to their classes.
- 56ers Youth Group: Children in Grades 5 and 6 are invited for a special youth group twice a month on Fridays. Please contact Greg Flower at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a 56er who might like to join us!
- Special Needs: Do you have a child with special needs? Read about our Special Needs Ministry.
*Limited programming is available during the 8 a.m. Sunday service. There is no programming for 5 p.m. on Saturday and 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Sunday Mornings: Children up to age 4 are invited to spend the morning doing crafts, learning a Bible lesson and participating in fun activities during our 10 a.m. service. Older children are invited to worship with their parents and dismissed to children’s church for age appropriate instruction just before the sermon.
- Sunday Mornings: After you have checked your child in at one of the kiosks (we’ll help you if this is your first time), he or she will come with you to the main sanctuary for worship and will then be dismissed to class at some point during the service.
- 56ers Youth Group: We also have a 56ers group for children in Grades 5-6 that meets once a month on Friday nights during the school year for fun events.
- Sunday Mornings: Children in Grades 1-6 worship with their family in the service on Sunday and are then dismissed to their classes next door. Younger children infant-Kindergarten are checked into their classes before the service begins next door.
- 56ers (5th & 6th Graders): Meet every other Sunday.
- Sunday Mornings: Nursery and classes for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary ages are available during our 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. services. Children will hear Bible lessons and participate in fun activities just for their age group. Family Worship Sunday is the first Sunday of every month when children enjoy worship together with their families in the sanctuary before being dismissed to their classes.
- 56ers (5th & 6th Graders): Class meets during the 9 a.m. service only. 56ers@Nite meets the first Thursday night of every month from 6:30-8 p.m.
Questions? We are here to help! Call the office at 203-796-7373 or email email@example.com.